Wednesday 9 October 2013

Nathan and Alex
Blog 3.
The best seven months of my life and writing....THE SEX SCENES!!!

Imagine if tomorrow you could wake up and instantly have your dream job?

Well that's how I felt when I found my manuscript again after 20 years lost.
   Sitting down to write once more with the same passion that I hadn't really felt since 1989 was incredible. By day I was a cake designer and decorator and by night I turned into a word crazed writing demon.
   Something took hold of me and I couldn't stop, it really was as if Nathan and I had met and he'd told me all about Alex and their incredible love story. Each night I was completely absorbed in their world, I've never felt such utter contentment in my life and I always knew where the next part of the story was going. If I had to stop and fall into bed, I'd write a quick bold type faced synopsis of the next part so that I wouldn't lose the process and ideas.
   I wish that writers could scan the images in their minds into a video or camera roll of pictures because the hillside village and school that I created for my boys to live in are incredibly picturesque and impossible to do adequate justice to.

So onto the sizzling scenes....how do you write the SEX???!!!😳

Well first of all you just write it. If you've had sex, especially both hot and loving, then give it a crack...you're unlikely to go wrong.

Secondly, never EVER imagine your family reading it! Shudder.....

And thirdly,  - if in any kind of doubt or you just want to double check stuff that maybe you're less familiar with....one word...GOOGLE!

I also had the back up of a great gay friend who steered me to several rather 'revealing' and retina stingingly hot sites....Sorry where was I,....distracted for a mo....😃! Ha ha.

Lastly,...get into bed, switch out the light and close your eyes. With no one around, in this quiet little world of your imagination, remember being desperately in love yourself, think of your stomach full of butterflies and your skin electrified by their touch...then the rest will come.

Until next time...and always with my love,

A M Cridland. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment